We are Visit Scotland experienced Scots Travel Counselors based in the Scottish Highlands and are the experts to help you with your Scottish Driving Tour and Itinerary as we have over 40 years experience in Scottish tourism.
We arrange 2 types of vacations - either completely bespoke - or - buy our Scottish Tours and Itineraries as well area guides with accommodation included from our online shop above.
See an example of one of our maps we have specially designed to help our clients - the one here is Edinburgh city centre and has lots of detail.
Scotland Made Easy makes it EASY for our clients - both for those wanting a bespoke service or for those independent travelers!
For our independent travelers who want to arrange and make their own bookings:
Our online area guides and Scottish Driving Tours and Itineraries contain maps which have been designed specially for us as well as information for deals in car hire. You can find out information about hiring luxury and sports cars as well as people carriers for larger groups.
We also include information on air, ferry and train travel to help and advise our clients and you can find out about driving distances and times to help you plan a trip to suit your interests and available time. You may be interested in the islands, castles, birdwatching, golfing, whisky and hiking.
Our Area Guides (containing accommodation contacts and weblinks), you will find many award winning niche accommodations offering a wide variety of experiences from staying in a self catering cave or a converted monastery on Loch Ness, to log cabins in stunning scenery, as well as historic castles, grand country mansion house hotels and cosy little hotels some of which have Michelin star restaurants, good quality 4 and 5 star B&Bs, lighthouses and traditional thatched cottages.
None of the accommodations have paid to be in our guides as we have personally chosen them.
In our online shop above, we have a wide variety of Scottish driving tours and itineraries for 4 nights, 7 nights, 10 nights and 14 nights including informative websites and links and contacts.
For our clients wishing a very bespoke service : You DREAM -- we PLAN!
Business trip to the UK? Conference in Scotland? Gourmet break in some of our "foodie" hotels? Honeymoon? Gift for someone special? Tracing ancestry? A romantic getaway?
First time visitors - not sure where to go?
- Limited valuable time but still want to see the most you can, having the help from locals?
- Coming to a conference? Want a side trip "add on" ?
- Golfing enthusiast? Want to try out some of those lesser known links courses?
- Enjoy a fun and unique opportunity to play 9 holes of golf as it used to be played using original hickory-shafted clubs including mid-mashies and mashie niblicks?
- Do a whisky tasting in a tiny museum which has whisky artefacts including an illicit still?
- Want to stay in a lovely little hotel on a tiny romantic island surrounded by birds, seals and perhaps a heron? Get away from it all? A Scottish honeymoon?
- Maybe stay in a lovely converted church which is now a B&B?
- Perhaps stay in a converted railway station where you can have breakfast on the platform or even sleep in one of the railway carriages?
- Want to stay at an award winning B&B with its very own golf bunker?
- Too busy to spend hours surfing the Net and want local information from those who live here?
- Want to stay in charming, personally hand-picked accommodation rather than taking ‘pot luck’?
- Stay in a lovely little countryside B&B where the husband gives archery lessons?
- Stay in a little mansion hotel owned by a clan laird on a lovely romantic island?
- Interested in tracing your Scottish ancestry, find your clan castle, or visit a distillery and taste your favourite Scotch Malt whisky?
- Stay near the Speyside Whisky Trail and have a local driver take you out for the day?
- Like to immerse yourself in the culture and history of generations before?
We plan your uniquely bespoke Scottish holiday based on your available time and interests to give you experiences beyond your expectations.
Get away from it all and reflect? Get away from all that noise and all those deadlines ? Walk in the Highlands and travel the open roads -- Maybe find "that" sighting of the Loch Ness Monster?
Do some "wild walking" with one of our guides, go foraging, find shellfish and seafoods with him - light a fire and cook in the open air? Find some Scottish wildlife?
Stay at a luxury B&B actually on the shores of Loch Ness or a converted railway station or church?
See some of our lovely photos on Scotland on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com as well at
http://pinterest.com/scotlandtrip/scotland-you-gotta-see-scotland. Click on the Trip Made Easy icon to get into our 3 boards on this!
See our Facebook page too at https://www.facebook.com/selfdrivescotland?fref=photo
Marie is a member of Inverness Chamber of Commerce and was awarded Highland Business Woman of the Year 2006.