OUR NEWS – at Scotland Made Easy we are changing our format to help more people and those who want to do their own bookings and arrange their own holidays independently – whilst still profiting from our trusted, local specialist knowledge. We even include our discount codes for car hire, so you can enjoy cheaper rates with Hertz, Avis and a local reputable Scottish company offering a more personal service.
We have now put some of our in-depth Scottish area guides online so they can be bought through our Scotland Made Easy website! These are all on our new introductory offer, so it is now time to buy our guides and plan your trip! Time to discuss this at the next family gathering during a holiday week-end!
More to come so watch the space --- !
Do you want the freedom and flexibility to book your own holiday without the usual hassle? Using our guides is easy and convenient and you can benefit from our local expertise and trustworthy personal recommendations and suggestions. We have also included a range of our favourite quality accommodations, from castles, country mansions, hotels and B&Bs to self-catering offering luxury 4 & 5 star places to comfortable less expensive ones to suit every budget. You'll save time and hours of internet searches by using our list of accommodations, knowing you can rely on our choices.
You'll be spoilt for choice as our accommodations, many of which are award winning, offer a wonderful variety of experiences from staying in a self catering cave or converted monastery on Loch Ness, to log cabins in stunning scenery, as well as historic castles, grand country mansion house hotels and cosy little hotels some of which have Michelin star restaurants, good quality 4 and 5 star B&Bs, lighthouses and traditional thatched cottages.
You can trust our suggestions knowing that no one has paid to be included in our guides and as we are locally based in Scotland, have been in business for almost 14 years we know what we are doing!
Marie is a Visit Scotland official Travel Counselor for holidays round Scotland and is very qualified to help you.
Our area and city guides all include maps, places of interest to visit, as well as our tips and recommendations on where to shop, eat and stay during your tour.
We will also have other guides offering interesting information and insights into the whisky areas and gardens of Scotland as well as scenic drives and we will put these online when they are ready.
Please note that we are still arranging personalised bespoke tours and itineraries for clients who may be short of time or who prefer to relax and have us take care of all the details involved in planning and organising a unique and memorable tour of Scotland.
You DREAM -- we PLAN!
Get away from it all and reflect? get away from all that noise and all those deadlines ? Walk in the Highlands and travel the open roads -- Maybe find "that" sighting of the Loch Ness Monster?
We are very experienced luxury tour operators with over 40 years' experience in Scottish tourism and will be delighted to help you with an experience beyond your expectations?
We arrange and design very bespoke driving tours and itineraries for our clients to suit each client's available time in Scotland as well as their interests.
We use quality and niche accommodation and all our tours and itineraries are unique as each person has different interests and time in Scotland.
Read the comments from past clients on our "feedback" section of the website.
A vacation trip with us to find out more about the culture, the people and the stunning scenery in Scotland? Elspeth and I will be delighted to help you - see the photo of our team!!
Business trip to the UK? Conference in Scotland? Gourmet break in some of our "foodie" hotels? Honeymoon? Gift for someone special?
Maybe play some golf at some of our links courses or go whisky tasting on a small island?
Have our driver take you round the island distilleries or another of our guides can take you out to hike and see otters and golden eagles?
Stay in a cosy quaint little hotel with its own whisky museum?
Stay in a lovely little family run hotel in a quaint and picturesque village where Hamish MacBeath was filmed?
Maybe hire a sportscar or Mini Cooper to discover the Scottish Highlands with us?
See the natural beauty, search for Scottish wildlife and perhaps find some old Caledonian pine trees? The latest news is that the Caledonian Pine tree is now THE official tree of Scotland!
Do some "wild walking" with one of our guides, find shellfish and seafoods with him - light a fire and cook in the open air? Great fun!
Go fishing for wild salmon or trout in part of a river owned by your B&B?
Stay at a luxury B&B actually on the shores of Loch Ness?
Mystical Scotland - full of mystery , ghosts and past history --- discover some of your own family history? See where the family lived or visit the old church where some got married?
Mysterious ruined castles, standing stones and circles, haunted castles, carved Pictish stones, - each with its own history -- we can help you find them and discover!!
The accommodation we use is 4 and 5 star niche including a converted railway station, a lighthouse, castles, some converted churches, and little family run hotels - some with 1 Michelin star chefs.
We are very lucky to have really excellent local contacts who can help you for your trip provide you with wonderful experiences such as ancestry, local history, golf, whisky tasting or buying --- the list is endless!
Interested in a vacation in Ireland ? Some of our clients like to do both Scotland and Ireland, but let us know if you do want Ireland.
First time visitors - not sure where to go?
- Limited time but still want to see the most you can? Watching the Ryder Cup golf and want a few days north afterwards? Idea?
- Coming to a conference? Want a side trip "add on" ?
- Golfing enthusiast? Want to try out some of those lesser known links courses?
- Enjoy a fun and unique opportunity to play 9 holes of golf as it used to be played using original hickory-shafted clubs including mid-mashies and mashie niblicks?
- Do a whisky tasting in a tiny museum which has whisky artefacts including an illicit still?
- Want to stay in a lovely little hotel on a tiny romantic island surrounded by birds, seals and perhaps a heron? Get away from it all? A Scottish honeymoon?
- Maybe stay in a lovely converted church which is now a B&B?
- Perhaps stay in a converted railway station where you can have breakfast on the platform or even sleep in one of the railway carriages?
- Want to stay at an award winning B&B with its very own golf bunker?
- Too busy to spend hours surfing the Net and want local information from those who live here?
- Want to stay in charming, personally hand-picked accommodation rather than taking ‘pot luck’?
- Stay in a lovely little countryside B&B where the husband gives archery lessons?
- Stay in a little mansion hotel owned by a clan laird on a lovely romantic island?
- Interested in tracing your Scottish ancestry, find your clan castle, or visit a distillery and taste your favourite Scotch Malt whisky?
- Stay near the Speyside Whisky Trail and have a local driver take you out for the day?
- Like to immerse yourself in the culture and history of generations before?
Discover Scotland, that secret natural, wild and romantic Scotland - experience the atmosphere with Scotland Made Easy!We can make it easy for you!
See some of our lovely photos on Scotland on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com as well at
http://pinterest.com/scotlandtrip/scotland-you-gotta-see-scotland. Click on the Trip Made Easy icon to get into our 3 boards on this!
Marie is a member of Inverness Chamber of Commerce and was awarded Highland Business Woman of the Year 2006.